I love to do these workouts and really like to make up my own combinations. I made this sheet for anyone who wants to try but also for myself. I have a little note book with them so here’s just a few. remember go at your own pace but push yourself. Even if its just one more than you want to.
I have a gymboss interval timer but you can also get an interval timer app but i’m sure you could also find one on the computer if need be.
If you’re unsure about anything please send me a message.
heres some of the moves if you’re unsure of how to do them.
Supermans except without the stability ball
In and Out Abs: Staring in a V extend legs out and In.
Spider knee: Bringing one leg to your chest then rotating it out to the side and back to plank. Alternate
3 Point Jump Is jumping to the side, the middle then the other side.
Side Burpee: Regular burpee but instead of jumping to a plank you jump to a side plank. Make sure you place your hands evenly on the ground before you jump and go at your own pace.
Green Smoothie - 1 cup baby spinach, 1 cup kale, 1 pear, 1 ½ cup of orange juice, and 1 frozen banana.
Chocolate Peanut Butter – 2 TBL unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 TBL peanut butter, ½ banana, 1 cup almond milk, ice.
Mango Ginger — 2 cups frozen Mango, 1 cup frozen raspberries, 1 banana, ¼ cup chopped ginger, squeeze of lime, yogurt.
Strawberry Date — 1 date, 1 ½ cup frozen strawberries, 1 cup almond milk. Optional: 1 scoop protein powder or 1 TBL of flaxseed oil.
I saw a note today from someone asking about a good workout plan for strength training, and several people replied to that note looking for the same thing. This is a full body dumbbell workout I wrote for someone who used to be on tumblr. Since people are still looking for ways to start, this may help.
I like to do a full body routine myself. I like to start at the top of my body, and work opposing muscles back to back. Other sequences are possible, but the strategy here is to work muscles in such a way that you’re not exhausting a support muscle early that will harm your form later. For example, I do the legs last, because if I worked them first, I would be unsteady on my feet when standing and pressing weights above my head.
For beginners and intermediate strength training and bodybuilding, one set of 8 to 12 reps is enough. I’ll post links to the studies later for anyone who still preaches the 3 or 5 set rules, or who advocates 14-20 reps for women.
If you do want to do more than one set, then I recommend that you do the entire workout once, then start over, rather than doing the same exercise two or three times in a row.
Finally, I do not rest between sets, I complete an exercise and go immediately to the next exercise. This makes the workout not only a resistance exercise, but makes it a cardio workout too.
By doing one set to exhaustion, and not resting between sets, what would be a 45 to 75 minute workout can be done in 20-30 minutes. Which would you rather do, a quick workout that you know you can handle, so that you’ll actually keep coming back and doing it, or a long workout with questionable benefits that you’ll probably stop doing anyway?
At another friend’s request (sorry for the delay Andi!) I’m also working to build an intermediate workout, I’ll post that too when it’s done, but this should be enough to get people started.
Here is what I consider a good full-body workout that only requires a chair, some floor space, and some dumbbells.
I recommend that if don’t have experience with strength training, read these first.
Beginning Strength Training - 1 Beginning Strength Training - 2 Weight Lifting 101
More resources: Strength_Training_for_Beginners
Be sure to read this, breathing properly is important! Breathing
If you need help learning the muscles, here’s a chart. Human_Muscles
For the seated exercises you can use a regular chair.
Dumbbell Tricep Extension, Seated
Dumbbell Bicep Curl, underhand, seated
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Shoulder Press
Dumbbell Side Bends
Back, Glutes/Butt, Hamstrings/Back of Leg
Dumbbell Straight Let Deadlifts
Dumbbell Calf Raise
Forearms & Wrists
Dumbbell Wrist Curls
Don’t neglect the wrist curls! As the weights get heavier you will need a strong grip to ensure you don’t drop anything and hurt yourself, and having a strong grip is essential to making progress in the other exercises.
Here’s a list of all of my POP Pilates, POP Cardio, and workout videos. Pick your muscle group or exercise type and let the toning/fat loss begin!
WORKOUTS BY MUSCLE GROUP (ordered by most recently uploaded):
ABS (view full video gallery here)
- POP Pilates for Beginners: Ab Time! (13:11)
- POP Pilates: Hot Abs! (14:03)
- POP Pilates: Abominable Abdominals (18:19)
- Top 3 Pilates Abs Moves for Diet.com (5:16)
- You’ve Got Abs! Flat Abs Challenge (8:35)
- Flat Abs Pilates Routine for Diet.com (6:54)
- POP Pilates: Lower Belly Pooch Attack! Part 2 of 2 Attack Series (15:04)
- POP Pilates: Intense Ab Workout (10:50)
- POP Pilates: 3 Min Ab Workout Challenge (4:16)
- POP Pilates: Crazy Core Workout - Intense! Fun! (10:55)
ARMS/UPPER BODY (view full video gallery here)
- Plank Arm Workout (11:58)
- POP Pilates: Tricep Toner (13:20)
- Push Up Challenge - 3 Advanced variations (6:34)
- POP Pilates: Arm Attack! Part 1 of 2 Attack Series (11:17)
- POP Pilates: Upper Body Workout - Arms, Chest, Shoulders (10:22)
BACK (view full video gallery here)
BUTT (view full video gallery here)
- POP Pilates: Beyonce Bootylicious Bum Butt Badonkadonk Bonanza aka The B6 Workout (18:06)
- Top 3 Butt Toning Moves - Diet.com (6:21)
- POP Pilates: 25 Minute Butt Blaster (26:09)
- POP Pilates: Super Butt Workout (10:57)
LEGS/THIGHS(view full video gallery here)
- Leg Slimming Pilates Routine for Diet.com (7:30)
- POP Pilates: Slimmer Inner Thighs and Runner’s Calves (12:04)
- POP Pilates: Saddlebag Shaver (17:29)
- POP Pilates: Inner Thigh Insanity (13:20)
- POP Pilates: Legs & Thighs Workout (9:57)
OBLIQUES/MUFFIN TOPS/LOVE HANDLES (view full video gallery here)
- POP Pilates: Muffin Top Meltdown (14:52)
- Oblique Pilates Routine for Diet.com (6:31)
- Uh-Oh Obliques Ultimate Workout (13:16)
- POP Pilates: Muffin Top Exterminator (10:29)
TOTAL BODY (view full video gallery here)
- POP Pilates: Total Body Bangin’ Workout (29:54)
- Plank Workout for Flat Abs & Toned Arms (11:57)
- Standing Pilates by the Sea for your Thighs, Core ‘n Shoulders (7:49)
- Sea Inspired Pilates Workout (7:16)
- POP Pilates: Summer Slimdown Part 1 (17:32)
- POP Pilates Summer Slimdown Part 2 (19:02)
- POP Pilates: Britney Spears “Til the World Ends” Ab Workout (5:36)
- 5 Minute Total Body Pilates for Diet.com (5:20)
- POP Pilates: New Body Makeover (29:44)
- POP Pilates: Bikini Bod 1 (9:49)
- POP Pilates: Bikini Bod 2 for Arms & Abs (10:38)
- POP Pilates: Body Slimming Workout (10:57)
- POP Pilates: Total Body Sculpt (10:03)
WORKOUTS BY TYPE:
BEGINNERS (view full video gallery here)
EQUIPMENT (view full video gallery here)
- The 20/20 Workout
- Crazy Park HIIT Workout (6:35)
- POP Cardio: BODYPOP! HIIT Bodyweight Workout (14:34)
- POP Cardio: Kick It! (5:35)
- POP Cardio: Heart Throbber (8:40)
COOL DOWN/STRETCHING: (view full video gallery here)